22 February, 2010

A Realization: Time is Flying!!


I heard the bang of the big bell on the wall of the college library just opposite to my room's window. Being in half sleep, still in understanding state...struggling to get out of bed, I looked outside my window. It was so pale atmosphere it seemed that it was about to become dark...and I heard the bell ringing four times. Suddenly I looked at the same wall clock which was showing 4 O'clock.

I was disappointed. I was sleeping for whole night and almost whole day. I was sure, I lost a day in my life. I thought to call Mansi, one of my college friends, but suddenly noticed that she will be in the department. I heard a sound of opening the lock of the opposite door. Thought........ Mamta returned from the lab...usually in November she returns at around 4.00 p.m. Today I wanted to search some articles in the journals from the university library, but my whole day was gone. I missed a day in my life. I was horrified and feeling depressed.

In that haste I logged on to the laptop and tried to find whether anybody was online. Purposefully, I kept Indian time in my laptop. Something was wrong. In the haste I changed the time to 10.30 at night (IST). It was very strange none of my friends except Priya, one of the friends from Pune, was online. Due to disappointment, I wanted to talk desperately to somebody...so pinged Priya. I asked her, how come you are online at 10.30 p.m.? because usually she used to be online in her office hours. She replied...No! it's not 10.30 p.m., now I am in the office and it's 1.38 p.m. (IST). I tried to clarify her but she told me that it's 1.30p.m. To confirm the time I just looked again at the same wall clock outside my window..............and it was showing....8.08 a.m.

I realized what would have happened. Still outside the light was very dim. It was November in UK........so depressing and pale atmosphere. I might have heard half of the bell ringing and was in half sleep so saw (in a haste) 4.00 O'clock instead 8.00 O'clock. Probably Mamta was going to the lab and I thought she is coming from the lab. Now I was completely awake.

I immediately thanked Priya and logged out. I was so happy that I did not missed one day of my life and felt relaxed and proceeded for the daily routine.

During those 10 minutes I was really disappointed and depressed by realizing loss of a day! If I would have really been sleeping and would have lost a day in my life??......How strange is it !!......due to the outside darkness I felt that it as evening.......but it was not.

How important TIME is in our lives!! We all know that it is flying like anything.................before this I also was knowing the truth about time......but I really cann't express my feeling when I realized that!!

No comments: